Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Keeping on track

It has already been 2 weeks, and though it is not a very long time, I am quite proud to say that I am still following the plan. Every morning when I get up, I just go for a quick workout. It hasn’t been easy because of my hectic schedule, but even when I was on the liveaboard, I managed to keep it up. I would get up at 6am instead of 6.30, and would go for a short swim or climb on the sun deck to practice a few sun salute,  before enjoying a gorgeous sunrise. Since back on land, I have been diving pretty much every day to accompany my friend from home who is here for a couple of weeks. Again, I get up in the morning and go for a run. Nothing strenuous, just a 5 minute run for now, but I plan to slowly increase the lenght. We are planning on running a triathlon in August in the US, and also, I would like to maybe run a 10K in July, kind of as a warm up... Which all leaves us about 3 months to train for the 10k, and 4 months for the triathlon. 
When I have a day off, I go for a longer workout : last week, we went  for a one hour walk up the hill behind our house (at 12 o’clock in the middle of the thai hot season, it is worth a good 3 hours walk anywhere else...), and this morning we went for a 45’ minutes squash game ! For the first time since I play, this morning I won, which makes it even more enjoyable !...

0 comments:

Post a Comment