Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cold running

I have finally been able to run again for the last few weeks. I am slowly getting my weekly mileage up to 10 -12 miles a week... It will be tight, but I think I will be able to run the Paris half marathon in March. No PR there, just to finish the race will be my goal. The one thing we didn't think of when we signed up for those events, was that it meant our training was going to be during the coldest months of the year ! Living in Thailand we forgot about that, but we got reminded the hard way. This morning, we went out for a 4 mile run by 30 degrees F and a good deal of wind. It took me about 1.5 hours to warm up after that ! Although it made me realized one thing : when you go out to run in this weather, you're hooked, you're a runner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment